Day 9 Report
Class today was marginally better - not great, but better. At least we didn't have any projects, and we got a proper break. :P
We spent most of the morning going through yesterday's homework and revising the present subjunctive, which was at least useful. After the break we read some short poems from the textbook, then the teacher assigned us to write our own poem about a city - in 10 min!
In the end I came up with four lines that were supposed to rhyme but somehow didn't. Either way it was apparently full of grammatical errors so there's no point reproducing it here. :P
Finally lunch came and I could try my new microwaveable meal - fusili bolognaise. It was better than the carbonara. One of the Singaporean girls had cup noodles that she bought from the supermarket yesterday. It wasn't until I asked her that I remembered the water cooler in the break room dispenses hot water. Sigh. Tomorrow I'll get to eat my Tom Yam noodles at long last. I brought just enough for Paris but Denise brought a lot more, so it's all right. Anyway I can always buy more from the supermarket.
After lunch we (the six of us Singaporeans) had our usual after-class "tutorial". Today we went upstairs to watch a film, Je vous trouve beau ("I find you handsome"), about this old guy whose wife dies suddenly and therefore needs to find another woman to do her work on their farm. Quite a charming movie, which was understood completely because Laetitia kindly selected English subtitles. Well occasionally I tried to comprehend the French. :P
The movie was surprisingly short and we all walked to the bus stop after that. It had been reasonably sunny for most of the morning and early afternoon, but by then it was cloudy and threatening to rain.
Everyone else went home, but we went to Brest. As usual. I think that, like in Singapore, the sales assistants are beginning to remember me. We spent one and a half hours at the usual shops, before I decided to stop at Zara. It was nearly 6.30 p.m. and I needed to catch the 6.30 p.m. bus, so I tried my stuff VERY quickly and paid for my pale pink henley. Denise was still trying and I couldn't wait any longer (it doesn't matter to her since her host family eats dinner very late) so I hurried to the bus stop. The bus was 5 min late but I made it home comfortably. It was still threatening to rain and the sea was grey, but it never did rain.

<< Home