Day 17 Report
Last night I was so insanely tired that I didn't do my homework (there wasn't really anything to do anyway, just some readings) before going to sleep around midnight.
Which was just as well in the end, since our teacher didn't turn up again. So we had a substitute teacher, who made us write our names on pieces of paper and place them in front of our tables.
Today's topic was on style, and we started off by answering a series of personal questions on appearance, e.g. how do you usually dress? What occasions in your country do you usually dress up for? (Erm...school?) What item of clothing do you hate the most? (Socks!!!) What situations have you been in when your image mattered a lot?
Then we read a mock website advertising its style consultation service and the various reasons why one would want to consult them. We had to write our own fake email asking the site for advice, before breaktime arrived.
After the break we had a mock style consultation in pairs, during which Denise and I said stupid things. It wasn't so fun when we had to actually repeat our conversation in front of the class, so we had to hurry and think of something proper to say. :P
After class I FINALLY got to have a proper lunch. :P
At 2 p.m. we took the bus to the botanic gardens for our crepe-making class, which was the replacement for our failed trip to Ouessant last Saturday. We got off at an earlier bus stop that was 1.5 km from the creperie. The walk took FOREVER. Apart from us Singaporeans, almost all the other people were from my class - so I spoke to the Vietnamese girl, who said she had been learning French for six months (which made me feel very stupid). She's also studying hospitality and if I didn't hear wrongly, intends to do her Masters in Switzerland.
Man she must be insanely rich!
At the creperie (yup, the same one I went to on Saturday) we went to the upstairs seating area to watch a little crepe-making demonstration. Then each of us got up to try and made a crepe of our own - with varying degrees of success. Unfortunately, my attempt was on the opposite end of the success scale. :P

After that we went outdoors to eat our plain crepes, and were served a sweet crepe of our choice too - caramel, chocolate or jam. I chose the caramel, which was VERY nice and caramel-y and buttery at the same time. We also had jugs of pure apple juice and apple cider to share. I drank lots of apple cider. Free alcohol. Wheeeeeeee.

The others left after finishing their crepes, but the Singaporeans stayed on because ER and BJ wanted to try savoury crepes (because sweet and savoury crepes are made from different types of flour).
We finally left aroudn 5 p.m. The walk out didn't feel half as long, probably because we were all speaking English (haha) and conversation revolved around NUS modules and museums (I am a very good promoter for HY2249, otherwise known as Art & History!).
I was home slightly before 6 p.m., which of course was highly unusual. I did a bit of packing in my handcarry and then took a nap, before I had a dinner of tomato-and-crabstick salad (maybe the crabstick here is actually made of CRAB, because it tasted much better and was orange in colour) followed by chicken and potatoes, and a chocolate pudding. Conversation was mostly centred on my impending trip to Paris. Mr Stephan finally asked what time my train will leave (6.44 a.m.) and I apologised for it being so early but he said it's okay. So we'll leave for the station at 6.15 a.m. Yippee.
Now if only the next two days will pass quickly. And if only I could find another notebook, because this is the second-last page of my journal!






<< Home