Day 12 Report
Yay! I've made it through another week!
This morning I was already running late when Mrs Stephan asked if I wanted to follow her and Mr Stephan to G's house in the afternoon. I became even later after I paused to tell her that I had already planned to buy presents in town after school.
Class was okay today too. We moved on to the interrogative (i.e. the many ways to say "which" in French). I'm not that great at it since I happened to miss that particular lesson this semester. :P
We started off by talking about the various social security systems in our countries. It was very difficult to explain the CPF and Medisave in French! Then we moved on to pair work: selling a particular product. After the break we just did some exercises on the interrogative before we were assigned some more for homework and let off.
Today was SH's last day and she was so happy that she left right after school and didn't stay for lunch. The others had planned to have a picnic at Moulin Blanc, but it was drizzling the whole morning (sigh...and here we though some progress was being made yesterday) so they had their picnic in the cafeteria instead.
We all took the 2.01 p.m. bus to Brest, where it was still raining. The others went to have tea and pastries at a cafe, whilst Denise and I headed up to H&M. Please note that it wasn't my suggestion to go there; in fact I'm staying away from it as much as possible since I'm sure the sales assistants remember me. But Denise wanted to buy socks. :P
After that I was supposed to buy my presents, but let's say I decided I didn't want to lug lots of heavy breakable things to Paris. So I gave up the idea. Besides, the store should have branches in Paris anyway.**
Our last stop was the supermarket, where I stocked up on four more microwaveable meals.
It was STILL raining when we left the supermarket. I was running dangerously low on cash so I went to withdraw some - they came out in handy €20 notes - whilst Denise bought a sandwich somewhere. Then we had nothing else to do so we walked to the bus stop to catch the 5.55 p.m. bus.
I had a miserably cold and wet walk back to the house. No one was home when I returned so I decided to go to the kitchen and wash my waterbottle. A note with my name in it and addressed to B was on the table. I read it and it turns out that for some reason to do with the boat, there isn't going to be an excursion to Ouessant tomorrow!
Sure enough, when B and I had dinner after that, he told me that the trip was cancelled because there was no boat leaving tomorrow and he had no idea why. SIGH. Although I would be more disappointed if it didn't look like the weather tomorrow will still be lousy. :P
Dinner conversation was very random. The funniest part was when we were talking about travelling around France and I told him the various cities I want to visit (in the future).
J: I would like to visit Nice, Carcassonne, Chartres...
B: Chartres?
J: Yes.
B: CHARTRES? *blinks disbelievingly*
J: Yes, Chartres.
B: ...for the cathedral?
J: Yes! I want to see the cathedral!
B: *confused* But there's nothing else to see there...
And the next place I mentioned was Bayeux.
J: I would like to visit Bayeux too.
B: ??? ...Bayonne?
J: No, no. Bayeux? Baaaaaaaaaayeuuuuux? In Normandy?
B: Bayeux...?
J: B-A-Y-E-U-X.
B: Yes, Bayeux. For the...*can't think of anything*...beach...?
J: No, no, for the...erm..."tapestry"?
B: ???
J: The museum with the...uhh...*thinks quickly and points at tapestry hanging in the living room*...like that!
B: Le tableau?
J: Ah yes!
B: *gives strange look*
I guess most people have a MUCH different list of must-see places in France. :P
Anyway, we had a slice of rock melon, followed by mashed potatoes and ham. Doesn't sound like a lot, and it didn't look like a lot, but it was filling. Dessert was some chocolate pudding with biscuits, then it was off to bathe and now I'm going to start on my (boo) homework.
I wonder what we'll do tomorrow instead. Maybe we'll go to the botanic gardens; we had planned to go there on Sunday but were a bit uncertain after we learnt that there's a strawberry festival in the next town on Sunday too...

<< Home